Monday, August 20, 2012

Missing Chris

I woke up this morning missing Chris. He was the first thing on my mind this morning. You may not think that it is such a big deal, but it really is. While I still miss Chris nearly every moment of every day, I hate to say that he isn't always the first thing that I think of in the mornings anymore. I don't know if it's good or if it's bad. But, the past two morning's, he was the first thing on my mind.

I think that it has to do with a run-in with someone. This someone, as it turns out, is going through some stuff in her own life. I was warned, by many people to stay away from her; but, I have a very soft heart and didn't listen. She told some lies about me and someone that I care about deeply. When I confronted her with it, she got nasty and told more lies. I guess that some people don't understand that when you are caught in one lie, you can't be believed no matter what else you say and I dismissed anything else that she had to say.

So, it got me to thinking that maybe if Chris were here, this wouldn't have happened. She might have turned out to be a better person. Chris was such a loving, giving, and caring person that he couldn't help but affect those around him. I know that in the past, this person came to Chris and looked up to him. So, it gave me just one more reason to miss him.

I certainly didn't dwell on this. But, it really gave me pause to think about the impact that he had on other people's lives. And it made me miss him even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment