Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another Birthday

Well here it is. My third birthday without Chris. Surprisingly, I am doing well today. Great, in fact. The past two years, I was deeply depressed. I thought how can I be happy and enjoy my day without Chris? How could I celebrate another year without him?

Well, I don't know if it's having my daughter in my life, or that I am beginning to "heal", but I have been smiling all day. I don't expect anything from anyone, yet my co-workers have made me feel special today. One even bought me a beautiful and delicious cake!! (That I won't dare bring the rest of it home.)

So, I'm another year older and it's another year without Chris. Yet, I'm living my life and even though I still can't wait until the day that I am reunited with him, I am making a birthday wish of many, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment