Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Over

Finally, it's all over. The monster's appeal was denied. I actually have mixed feelings about it. I want to be happy that there is no chance that he will be free, yet the whole reason that he won't be free is because Chris was murdered.

I read the entire decision last night and it was filled with "we disagree", and "we hold that defendant’s constitutional rights were not violated and therefore, he is not entitled to reversal"! I sighed a huge sigh of relief and couldn't sleep after I read it.

I am still filled with hate for this monster. I even hate to see his name, and I refuse to write it anymore. Yet, I want the world to know what a monster he is and what he did to my beloved Christopher.

For the past year and a half, I have had this black cloud over my head. What if he is granted a new trial? What if the verdict is reversed? What if, what if, what if... Now, I don't have to worry about that. I know that this monster will never know freedom. He took that freedom from Chris, and Chris made sure that his freedom was taken away too.

Now, I just need to get him out of my head and go back to pretending that he does not exist.

4 comments:

  1. Bittersweet news, but we will appreciate it at face value. It's comforting to know that justice still works sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever, sending you love, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have this closure but so sorry that it's needed. He will live forever in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank the lord....We love you Ann and I really hope this will help you continue to move forward in your life! Love....Lisa

    ReplyDelete