Friday, November 4, 2011

Project Grief

I'm thinking that grief is a lot like Project Runway. One day you're in/up and one day you're out/down. I've been in a funk and suddenly I'm not. Things were looking bleak, then I just suddenly got it in my head that I can do this. I'm taking Tim Gunn's advice and I can make this work. Every thing will be OK. I am trying my best to keep things on a positive note. I hate the ups and downs that come with grief. Yes, even at 23 months, I still have the highs and lows that come with grieving. I still miss Chris on a daily basis.

The highs and lows aren't as extreme as they once were. But, they are still there. I suspect that I will always have them, as I will always miss Chris. I am just trying to keep my sanity and keep my emotions from running rampant. I think that I've been doing much better. But, every so often, I get hit with grief. And, even though I hate them, it's OK because I expect them and am actually getting used to them now.

1 comment: