Monday, July 25, 2011

A Letter to Chris

Kochanie,

I need you so badly right now. The hurt that I feel is so intense. I don't know why this world is so cruel, but it is. You were taken from us way too soon, and I'm here dealing with the aftermath. I know in my heart that if you were still here things would be different. My life would be drastically different. My life was so much better when you were a part of it. Nobody can take that away from me. Nobody can take my wonderful memories away. I know that our love is true, and nobody can take that away from us. I never have a doubt about it either, your love is forever branded on me. Your love has been tattooed on my body, in my heart and around my soul. Your smile could make all my worries go away. Oh how I wish that I could see that smile again today. I know how you felt about your smile, which is why I loved it even more when you smiled at me. Your delicate touch could take me from this world into a world of our own. I would give just about anything to feel your touch just once more.

It's been just over 19 months and it feels like yesterday that you were so brutally taken from me. I still love you as much as I did that day. I love you more than I loved you the day that we were married. My love for you grew with each day that we were together. There are no guarantees in life, but I'm pretty sure that if he hadn't decided to walk to our house that night, or any other night for that matter, we would be so happy today. I can only imagine what our life would be like. But, instead of living today, I mourn. As you know, some days are better than others. Today just happens to be a down day where I especially miss you. So, my heart is heavy and it hurts. It's just a cruel world that we live in.

kocham ciÄ™ bardzo,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment