Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I Hate Being Sick

Another time that I really miss having Chris around is when I'm sick.  I have nobody around to make me feel better.  I have nobody around to make me soup.  I have nobody around to tell me that everything will be ok.  Chris would still cuddle with me and wouldn't care if he would get sick as long as it would make me feel better.

I don't get sick very often.  But, if I get sick enough to make a doctor's appointment, all I want is Chris.  And right now I'm sitting here in bed crying because he is the only thing that I want right now.  Somehow, I think that I wouldn't care how sick I was as long as I had Chris by my side, I would be ok.  So, I'll just add this to the long list of reasons why I miss Chris.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Ann. And I have to say, again, right there with you. Medication I was given a couple of days ago has had a bunch of annoying side effects, so between that, insomnia, and long day at work, plus my mind deciding this was just the perfect time to focus in on memories of Jerry in the hospital, it was an evening of crying as I drove on the interstate... and knowing he wouldn't be there to wrap his arms around me and make me feel better when I got home.

    Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that resonates! Being there for each other was so natural. Not feeling well when alone isn't comfortable in the least! Be good to yourself, put your arms around yourself and hug yourself--feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I totally agree! I believe that there should be certain unwritten rules about life and one of those is that widows should never get sick. They should also never have to diet, get a pimple, have our roof leak, get a flat tire, have their heat or AC go out in their house...I mean truly, the deck is stacked enough against us, God (or whomever) should just give widows a pass on all those little things in life. Because those little things are when you feel like a widow most of all. Hope you feel better soon...I know from personal experience it SUCKS to be a sick widow.

    ReplyDelete