Thursday, December 2, 2010

Live and Learn

I'm in such a good mood today.  I finally got my house back.  The last couple of weeks were horrible.  I decided that it was time to reevaluate my life and where I wanted it to go.  I made my mind up and what I wanted.  (I still want to keep that decision to myself until it comes to fruition.)  So, I had a discussion with the roommate about what I wanted to do with my life and that I wasn't sure when it was going to happen, but before it did happen, I would give K ample notice.  Well, I had made a decision to go ahead with it and when K had a friend stay at my house 4 nights in a row I thought it was a good time to give K notice to vacate.  This is a friend that K told me her husband threatened to kill her, and I asked that this friend not come around anymore.  Well, obviously the friend still came around, I decided that I did not want that drama at my house and that notice would be given. 

The roommate got the notice on a Saturday and waited until the following Monday to approach me.  K was hostile and said "you ruined my life".  Really?  This being said to the woman whose husband was brutally murdered in the very home that you are stating those words????  I just held up my hand and said that it wasn't up for further discussion and decided right then and there that I was making the absolute right decision.  I did not want anyone in my home speaking to me and disrespecting me in that manner.

So, K left the house yesterday without letting me know.  I'm actually ok, more than ok with that given the way that K has treated me the past two and a half weeks (I gave over five weeks notice).  I think that at the end of the day, I can smile when I walk into my home.  I am glad that I have my home back.  The only thing that I was incessed about was that K did not have the decency to let me know and did not give me my keys back until I had to basically beg and threaten to hold K to the end of the lease.  I did K a favor and this is how I am repaid?  I could be angry, I could be snide, I could be any thing else negative.  But, I really am going to wish K well.  I am going to hope that K has a wonderful life and good luck in school.  Yes, I am going to celebrate my freedom tonight, I made a mistake letting someone into my home that did not appreciate the help.  But, we all live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment