Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sweetart candy canes

Sweetarts were Chris's favorite candy; definitely not the chewy ones though, he hated those ones.  So, when I was doing my Christmas shopping at Toys R Us last year, I came across Sweetart candy canes.  I bought some for Chris to put on the tree.  Needless to say, he loved them.  He loved them so much that when I went to Toys R Us on December 8, 2009, they had one box left and I bought them for him because there weren't too many left on the tree (no big surprise).  I remember that one of the candy canes was broken, probably why it was still in the store.  Chris of course didn't care and it was his excuse to eat it right away.  When I was home during my lunch hour today, I saw the candy canes hanging on our fruit basket thing in the kitchen and I couldn't help but smile.  I can't bring myself to throw them away.  Those candy canes were the last thing that I ever bought him.  Not something cool like one of his tools, or his guitar.  Or even that RC car that he wanted.  But, a box of candy canes.  At least the last thing that I bought him wasn't saved for Christmas and I know that he really liked them.  I'm smiling remembering how he was like a kid with his sweetart candy canes.

No comments:

Post a Comment