Thursday, October 14, 2010

UGH!!!

What a frustrating day...

I finally got the peg dope for the cello and the pegs still slip.  Not quite as bad, they are only slipping a note or two.  So I think it's about time to make a call to find out what else I can do.  Next, I finally decide to tune the new violin (I know, long enough right?  But, I've been playing my old one, which the tone is absolutely beautiful).  When I finally took out the violin, I discovered that it has steel strings!!!!  Which I absolutely abhor!  But, to my delight, it stayed in tune.  So, I will have to take another trip out to Shar's in Ann Arbor so that I can buy some strings.

While I wasn't really happy with the way the instruments are coming along, I started working out again today.  And it actually did put me in a good mood.  And with the good mood comes a smile or two.  Then out of the blue, Joe Friday decides to give me the third degree as to why I'm happy.  And each answer gets a "why?" response.  Now, I feel guilty because I actually am smiling for a change.  I just don't get it.  When I'm miserable, I'm told to cheer up.  When I'm happy, I'm questioned about it.  I guess that I should just stop doing anything that will bring me joy and then once again hide my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment