Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Progress"

Yesterday, I reconnected with an old friend.  Back in the day, he was a punk rocker.  I sincerely believe that the universe, or God, makes things happen for us when we need them to happen.  Reconnecting with my friend was one of those things.  Things happen and friendships wane.  But, that doesn't mean that they are forgotten.  People just go their different ways and with luck, they will have the chance to reconnect someday.  He is helping me with my "issues".  If you've read my blog for any amount of time, you will know that I am having a hard time with anger, hate and forgiveness.  My friend, the awesome punk rocker, is now a minister and he is helping me with those issues.

I finally after almost 9 months hung the curtains in my living room (I don't think I'm going to repaint.)  So, it's a bit dark in there.  After awhile of sitting in the living room, he suggested that we go out and sit on the porch.  I didn't even think about my anxiety about sitting on the porch.  I just said "sure" and that was that.  Of course, I went to sit in my usual chair.  But, I ended up sitting in Chris's chair.  I am still shocked that I never even gave it a second thought.  I think it's because at that point in time, I needed to sit there with an old friend.  Call it what you will; it may be a small step, but it's a small step in the direction of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment