Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Can't Wait

I can't wait to start playing my new cello.  I've reviewed the notes and I know that I'm going to have a hard time with the fingering since it's basically one note off from the violin. So, that's going to be a challenge for me to remember.  But, I'm stretching it out right now.  What a pain, I spent about a half hour trying to tune it.  I can hear it stretching while plucking it to tune it. And I can hear the peg slowly slip after too. I didn't think about getting some peg dope when I was out running around getting music and such.  I hope that I can find it at the local music store; but if I take the drive to Ann Arbor, I will be able to look through a more extensive music selection.  I know exactly what music I want to get, and I suppose that Ann Arbor will be the only place that will have it. 

I already know that the I'm going to run into a problem with the fingering.  But, I always love a good challenge.  This is the first thing since December that I've been looking forward to doing.  I think that music is so good for the soul and healing, and there is nothing else like making music.  At least this is something that I'm looking forward to doing, and it doesn't bring any tears.  Somehow, I'm not sad about Chris not hearing me play because I believe that he is always with me and he will hear me.  I just hope that he will be smiling down at me while I play.

No comments:

Post a Comment