Monday, June 14, 2010

Playing the Slot Machines

Today has been a calm day. Every day brings a different emotion with it. Furthermore, some days will evoke different emotions at different hours. I equate this new life to playing the slot machines. One click, you lose. You keep clicking until you win. But, the win is nothing big. You may be back where you started or slightly ahead. You don't win the jackpot. But, you keep playing hoping that you will win, even though the odds of winning the jackpot are very slim to none. You don't want to switch machines because the jackpot might be the next pull, and it won't be fair if after all your hard work, someone else gets it on their first pull. All that I can hope for is that I walk out of this journey slightly ahead of when I started. I know that my jackpot will not happen, at least not right now and certainly not if I quit playing. But nonetheless, I keep playing. It is the only thing that is keeping me alive right now. I suppose that the day that I join him, is the day that I hit the jackpot. But, I know that the only way to hit that jackpot is to keep playing: to keep living each day the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment